- After your original tan treatment, we recommend waiting 8-10 hours before your first post treatment shower
After your express solution treatment, you may shower 3- 4 hours depending on how dark you would like to be. Leaving the solution on longer will make the tan become darker. Please make sure you do not keep our express solution on longer than 5 hours. TIP: The tan may take longer to develop in certain areas, so it is important to leave it on for the full recommended time. You will see the true color a few hours after your first shower. If you see any creases, marks or areas where the tan has rubbed off, DO NOT PANIC! This is just the color guide. This will even out after your first shower.
After your shower, if you see any issues with your tan, contact the salon immediately. This is not common but can happen if the areas has been wet or touched before you took your shower. Its best to contact the salon to see if you did anything that should not have been done so you can avoid this happening with your next tan.
- The bronzer you see initially after the service is not your tan it is a color guide. As your tan develops you may get darker in the 8-12 hour developing time. This is the solution developing underneath. After you first shower you will be the same color as your color guide when you left Brazil Bronze.
- Please do not expose your skin to water, sweating or working out while your airbrush is developing.
- Use soap very lightly during your showers. Do not scrub your skin until you are ready to remove your tan before your next application. TIP: Best to use a moisturizing soap when showering with a spray tan.
- Please avoid waxing after the service it will result in taking your tan off.
Brazil Bronze strongly suggests moisturizing one to two times a day when your airbrush is on. Moisturizing correctly will extend your tan and make it fade evenly.
We recommend Brazil Bronze Glow Stretcher
- You may purchase Brazil Bronze Glow Stretcher in our UES or Soho location.
- Swimming and soaking in pools, hot tubs, and saltwater dry out your skin and shorten the life of your tan. We do recommend using a sunblock lotion regularly to act as a barrier while in water.
- Brazil Bronze solution is not a sunblock, please always apply sun protection with your airbrush on.
- Brazil Bronze cannot guarantee removal of solution out of all materials
- Avoid using any other brands of tan extenders, self-tanning lotions etc… over our spray tan.
- Do not use any types of body oils or oily spf sprays over your spray tan.
- Do not use an oils or oily spf sprays over your spray tan. TIP: To extend or enhance the life of your spray tan we recommend:
Spray Tan Expectations
As far as we are concerned, the spray tan is the greatest invention. A spray tan with a high quality product is a safe way to look healthy, tan, and gives the illusion of being 10lbs lighter. Who wouldn’t want to feel and look like this every day?
That being said, there is some responsibility in creating the perfect tan.
- A great product
- A great tanning machine
- A qualified technician
- Proper lighting
- Tan preparation
- After tan care
We are fully capable of creating the perfect tan and by you following the guidelines above, together we can create a long lasting tan fades like a gradual tan.
It looks like a lot of information but once you know what to do, it’s very easy and with just a little tweaking in your daily schedule, this will result in a great long lasting tan. Most people tan weekly, some for special occasions or vacations. Whatever your reason for getting a spray tan. We all want the result to be a great one.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU SOON!